Wednesday, August 13, 2008

d'Yquem & the best eggs in the valley...


On the way home yesterday, I stopped by Grazin' Angus Acres to pick out dinner. Ended up with an amazing Rib Eye, some eggs for the morning and some Angus breakfast sausage.
I made an Frittata for lunch, with some left-over Corn Succotash from the night before, Jalapeno Jack cheese, a little Prosciutto and lots of herbs from the garden. 
I gotta say, the eggs were some of the best I've had in a long time. They were soooo vibrant yellow and soooo ultra creamy! Wow! I think they rivaled the eggs from the chickens my parents raised when I was a kid.


To go with it, I made potato salad with the tasty breakfast sausage--really great flavor! It was unique and a little meatier than you might expect for a breakfast sausage, with a polite amount of spice.


Just as the Frittata went in the oven, Jeff came home with a bottle of d'Yquem sec. This really excited me, because I'm in love with beautiful white Bordeaux. And d'Yquem, known for their dessert wine--%100 semillon, well, need I say more? Ok, I will! Its complexity, perfumed aroma, honeyed, floral, wide, long finish, might have descended from the angels.



No comments: